i know, i'm quite the bad blogger.
i've been a bit obsessed with this sweet little baby and just want to hold him and stare at him and soak up every minute, all the time and it's a bit hard to type one handed. besides that, our days are pretty much the same - eat, sleep, and poop - and just how many times do you want to read about that?? i didn't think so. don't get me wrong - i'm loving every minute but there's just not much to write about.
so instead i'll write about being pregnant. in short, i loved it. it's amazing how quickly the memories of heart burn and backaches disappear. i am so very thankful that i had the opportunity to experience it. and wow - what a miracle.
things i miss about being pregnant:
- all the little kicks -they really are absolutely amazing
- people always stopping their cars to let me walk across the street
- all the cute things my kindergartners would tell me about babies
- not worrying about sucking in my belly
- eating and not really worrying about where it's going
- knowing covington's all safe and secure and content in there
- not worrying about if my jeans will button - i love some elastic waists
- getting email updates on covington's growth. it was so fun to see how big he was each week and what all was going on.
- people stopping me just to tell me how great kids are - several guys stopped me on trips to home depot just to tell me how great it's going to be. my favorite was the man with an irish accent who had 6 kids and told me it only gets easier after the third.
things i won't miss:
- heartburn - although i'll attest to the old wives tale that lots of heartburn = lots of hair
- waking up james while trying to roll over in bed - seriously, it was not unlike a whale flopping over - i could create some waves
- not being able to turn around in the car. or bend over.
- backaches - emily's rice pad was a life saver. amazing.
- easy gag reflex. although it was always entertaining for james to watch me try to take my vitamins. you never knew what would happen. or where the vitamins would end up :)
and the best thing about not being pregnant:
actually cuddling this little guy all day long.
oh how i love him.