* famous last words - "there's NO way we could move 1000 miles across the country from everyone we know, start a new job / doctoral program, and have a baby.
* it still doesn't seem quite real yet, but words can't even describe how excited we are
* after having to wait 13 loooong weeks for a doctor's appointment, i was a bit excited. james really appreciated it when i started the count down from 72 hours.
* hearing the heartbeat and watching that little baby flip over and over was amazing. and weird. but mostly amazing.
* i always thought it would be detrimental to give up diet coke when i got pregnant. like forking over my arm - my right arm at that - but thanks to a couple months of nausea, all i want to drink is water and milk (really, milk? i've never wanted to drink cups of milk before) oh well, problem solved.
* i have a whole new compassion for those who are sick while pregnant. so, so thankful it stopped right before my kids started school. so thankful.
now that we're finally settled in and school's off to a good start, it's about time i start working on some projects. i figured there had to be someplace better than hobby lobby for fabric, so i goodled 'fabric in chicagoland'
and this huge store kept popping up. yea, it looks a little sketch, but it had over a hundred good reviews. i was also prepared to dig and sweat because that was in the reviews too...
so on labor day, i drove the 40 minutes into the city and found it. it was impressive. rooms and rooms of fabric. for cheap. like under $10 a yard. sweeet.
plus notions galore.
tons and tons of buttons
any color zipper you could think of.
and all colored lace
tons of shelves of ribbons
plus rows and rows of fabric, plus piles and piles on top of that.
sadly, i didn't find the amazing fabric i was dreaming of to recover some craigslited chairs, but i didn't leave empty handed. and it was a great little exploration.
hey ya'll! so glad you stopped by! james and i live in chicagoland while james is getting his psyd at wheaton college. our first little boy, covington, was born at the end of february and we're having a blast trying to figure this whole thing out. we're so thankful for all the Lord has blessed us with. thanks for following us in this crazy little adventure of ours!