February 19, 2011

framed memories

i was so excited when my dad found my grandmother's thimbles and i knew exactly what i wanted to do with them. of course it took me 3 months to actually get around to doing it. my other grandmother has had some family thimbles framed in her house for as long as i can remember, so that's what i wanted to do with these.

i picked up a couple little shadow boxes at ikea but they were out of white, of course, so i pulled out the spray paint


after a couple (billion) coats paint, they were all bright and shiny


i cut out a couple pieces of scrapbook paper for the back


and hot glue the thimbles right on


and that's it!


it makes me think of all my grandmother's needlepoints every time i see it! good memories

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love this! So hot glue just holds the thimbles on, even when hanging on the wall? How cool! I'm going to have to try this! Thanks for the great idea!

 

avandia recall