July 6, 2010

the barn

One of the things that I will miss most when we move is the barn. It has been the most wonderful blessing to be able to live here for the last 3 years!

Here is a conversation between me and James the other day:

Me (dramatically) -" James! Aren't you sooo sad about leaving the barn??!! It's like a whole season of our lives is ending! This is where we started our lives together! We're not newlyweds anymore!"
James (not dramatically) - "We've been married for 3 years, we haven't been newlyweds for a long time."
Me -"But you know what I mean, it's a chapter of our lives CLOSING!"
James - "I think we'll be ok."

Just wait till we start loading the furniture - he'll get sentimental...



James picked out that rug all by himself before we got married! He definitely had me in mind when he got it. Isn't he great?

And he painted the bathroom red just for me. Love...





Zoomed in and uncluttered shot...


And now the real picture with James' "man-shelves" on one side, trying to cover up the hunting guns with the curtain, and the chairs and bags on the other. That's real life...




Don't you love the mis-matched furniture here? We always had great plans for this wall - 2 matching armoires, open shelving, large shelves, etc... - but just never got around to it...


As I pack, I'm wondering how in the world did we squeeze so much stuff into this space! The blank walls make me sad. We have some wonderful memories here and I am so thankful to James' sweet parents for letting us live here.
It is a chapter in our lives closing! But I'm so excited to see where the Lord is going to lead us next! He is definitely taking us on a great adventure!

2 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

Jess! I stumbled on your blog today, and I love it! And I totally understand your feelings about leaving your first house!

The Gardners said...

I mean I want to cry! We were thinking today of all the wonderful people that have lived in 'the barn' and it brought back so many great memories! I agree...what a blessing!

 

avandia recall